Come cook my Skinny Spaghetti Squash!
It has been a MINUTE since I have last posted friends! 7 long, horrible, dark days. 😭
LOL jk. I’ve actually been in Vancouver for the last week just getting a bunch of super unpleasant chores done like: renewing my drivers license, dentist, doctor, doctor appt #2 because #1 gave me the wrong prescription (don’t even get me STARTED on this one… it has basically ruined my last day at home 😡), + a bunch of other small things.
And the best part of my trip has been hanging out with the fam jam. This year was the first year that I didn’t go home for Christmas and I was having MAJOR fomo. So it was awesome to see everyone 🙂
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I make my Skinny Spaghetti Squash at least once a week. 👌🏻
- Spaghetti squash has 30 calories per cup. YES. 30 CALS PER CUP. 😱 😱 😱
- There are 3 ingredients in this recipe
- It takes 2 minutes to prep (no hours of chopping) and you just pop that bad boy in the oven
- TASTES LIKE CRACK. K not like literal crack (not that I know what that tastes like…) but you get the point I am trying to make. 😂
To my dearest foodie friends, here are the instructions (summarized from video):
– 1 medium spaghetti squash
– 1 jar of the best tomato sauce you can find (this is my fave: https://www.mezzetta.com/our-products/detail/marinara)
– fresh grated parmesan cheese
– extra virgin olive oil
– salt, pepper, Italian spice mix
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit (accidentally said celcius in the video)
– Cut your squash in half, cleanly remove all seeds and stringy stuff
– Lightly coat the inside of the squash in extra virgin olive oil
– Sprinkle on some ground sea salt, pepper, and an Italian spice mix
– Place squash face-down on a baking sheet
– Bake for 30 – 45 mins (small squash: 25 – 30 mins, medium: 30 – 40, large: 40 – 45)
– When top is soft and a bit sunken, take out of oven and flip over. Fill with tomato sauce. Cover very generously with your grated parmesan cheese. Add a bit more Italian spice mix on top.
– Broil for 3 – 5 mins
– Let cool, and enjoy!!!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE TAKE A PIC AND SEND IT TO ME!!! There is literally nothing in this world that makes me happier than sharing the love of food with friends.
Okay off to go enjoy my last day in Canada!