Good morning loves! How was your weekend? I honestly had the laziest weekend ever and it was freaking amazing. It is rare that I just don’t really do anything and chill in bed and watch Netflix, so it was a nice change to do that for once this weekend.
That being said, I am already restless after one day of doing nothing haha. So I did my hair this morning to show you one of my favourite casual updo looks! This one is perfect if you have shorter hair or a “lob” like I do. If you have long hair this one won’t work so well (sorry!!)
One of the big reasons I like to do this hairstyle is because it can look so casual or so dressed up. It really just depends what you are wearing! For example, right now I am lazing about my house with my hair like this and it feels just perfect. It would be just as awesome though if I was going out and was all fancy-shmancy and stuff. :p
Alrighty so how do you make this hair style happen? Here’s the skinny:
- Lightly add a bit of hairspray to the middle/end parts of your hair, and brush it through.
- French braid your hair, and tie it with a hair tie at the end.
- Take the end of your braid, and tuck it under the base of the braid.
- Take a butterfly clip (or a few bobby pins) and pin this in place.
- I like my hair to be a little bit messy usually (okay if I am being honest I like it a lot messy lol) so take your fingers and “mess up” the braid a little bit and pull out a few little pieces of hair.
And thats it! So simple. Totally in love with this hair style because it is such an easy way to make yourself look glam in just a few minutes. This took me a grand total of 5 minutes to do, maximum! So for those of you who are busy women (like myself) and don’t have time to spend hours doing your hair, this one is for you.
Let me know what you think of this hairstyle!